The HF provides heritage resources management services in compliance with the National Heritage Resources Act (Act 25 of 1999) and in accordance with international principles and standards.
Heritage resources management involves the conservation, presentation and improvement of protected heritage resources, as well as the protection, maintenance, preservation and sustainable use of heritage resources to protect their cultural meaning.
Heritage resources management includes:
1. Presentation of protected heritage resources that entail the following:
- exhibition and display
- provision of access and guidance
- provision, publication and display of information
- performances and oral presentations
2. Heritage management plans
3. Heritage impact assessments
4. Mitigation of heritage resources and sites
5. Public participation processes
For enquiries contact Johan Nel at firstname.lastname@example.org / 012 325 7885